Re: Beginner--Problem with FilledPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73840] Re: Beginner--Problem with FilledPlot
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 06:27:12 -0500 (EST)

anash at nimr.mrc.ac.uk wrote:
> Hello Forum,
> I'm a new mathematica 5.2 user (under windows xp) and am just trying to get to grips with plotting functions etc. I've found somthing very odd happening that I cant really explain.
>

> the function
>
> Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}] produces the expected Sine wave on a 2D graph,
>
> However, when I try
>
> << Graphics`FilledPlot`
> FilledPlot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}]
>
> I get nothing but a bare set of axes (of the correct dimensions). The original plot line is not even there!
>
> Am I doing somthing remarkably dumb, or is there perhaps a problem with my instalation?
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> TychoB
>
> Link to the forum page for this post:
> http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=17317#p17317
> Posted through http://www.mathematica-users.org [[postId=17317]]

I cannot reproduce this problem using Windows XP and 5.2. Try closing
Mathematica completely, starting it up and executing this code (or more
or less equivalently, try killing the kernel) it may be that something
you have done previously - probably accidentally - has disturbed something.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk