Re: Copy-paste vector graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74110] Re: Copy-paste vector graphics
  • From: Yves Klett <klett at ifb.uni-stuttgart.de>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 06:55:12 -0500 (EST)

D. Grady schrieb:
> Is there a way to use the frontend to copy graphic output from a
> Mathematica notebook as a vector-based image?  I'm aware that there
> are many options to export graphics to seperate files in a variety of
> vector formats, but it sure would be nice if I could just hit control-
> c and paste it back in to my image editor.  I've tried all the options
> under the "Copy As" menu with no success; everything pastes as a
> bitmap.  Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

Under Windows, pasting as vector graphics works usually with MS Office
stuff. I found that it works even better in OpenOffice, which of course
has the advantage of zero cost. In the OODraw application, you can also
manipulate pasted graphics very nicely (first you have to ungroup the
graphics object). Comes in quite handy sometimes...

Regards,
Yves

--
Dipl.-Ing. Yves Klett