Re: Multi-core Support in Mathematica 5.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74135] Re: Multi-core Support in Mathematica 5.2
  • From: "Neri" <nkafkafi at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:03:15 -0500 (EST)

Those functions that are parallelized in the 5.2, and supposedly run
on more than one core simultaneously, do they run in a single thread?

Since it is demonstratively possible to parallelize these functions
(in one thread or more) why isn't it possible to parallelize a
function like Table? If I wrote a Table function with the index
running from 1 to 20, isn't it possible to run 1 to 10 in one core and
11 to 20 in another core?

Thanks,
Neri