Re: Initialization cell appearance

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74273] Re: Initialization cell appearance
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:19:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> Is there any way to do this automatically ?   I.e., have something like the
> background colour of an Input cell change when it is marked as an
> Initialization cell.

you could write a Mathematica function which uses the Frontend-functions
to select all Initialization-Cells and switch their background and run
it on your notebook once in a while, but...

> I realise that one could always define a new cell style but I am not
> entirely sure whether the other features of initialization cells would
> continue to work.

this is the way to go. It works, I am using this all the time. Just make
a copy of your favourit StyleSheet, in that make a copy of the
InputCell-Style and change it to be an Initialization Cell. Depending on
where you put the new definition in your StyleSheet, you can even switch
between this new style and a regular InputCell...

> In my opinion, it would be good to have this in some of the standard
> notebook style sheets.

I also would like to see this, but it is easy enough to set this up
anyway...

hth,

albert