Re: Re: Picking Arguments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74293] Re: [mg74278] Re: Picking Arguments
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 02:07:10 -0500 (EST)

While I agree that functions can be better suited (more natural) to specific problems, what is natural tends to be whatever comes to one's mind first. Select and Cases are often interchangeable.

data={1, 2.3, 3/2,a,Pi};

Select[ data, Element[#,Reals]&]==
  Select[data,NumericQ]==
  Cases[data,_?NumericQ]