Re: Mathematica 4.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg74324] Re: Mathematica 4.0
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:53:54 -0500 (EST)

I will add to Chris's reply that version 3 was like a revolution
compare to 2.2 for example.
This evolution was not so advanced (in my point of view!) from version
3 to version 4.

A good book mentioning the changes taken place in versions 3 and 4 is
the
Beginer's Guide to Mathematica version 4 by Glynn and Gray.

Also you can take a look in the following links

http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/newin4/
http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/newin4/new_list.html

However to answer your question completely you have to point out your
major area of applications and in what degree you used Mathematica.

For example if you are interested in numerical
computations in version 4 the introduction of packed arrays took place
resulting
in considerable decrease in computations timings.

Kind Regards
Dimitris

=CF/=C7 Thomas Dickens =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5: