Re: Loading packages from the internet?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75454] Re: [mg75434] Loading packages from the internet?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 03:26:16 -0400 (EDT)

David Bailey's SuperWidgetPackage includes a function GetURL, used in
the form:

   GetURL[urlstring]

that copies the data at the specified location to a temporary file and
returns the name of that file as result.  So you could feed the result
of that function into Get so as to load the package.

In principle you could do this more directly, using J/Link (which is
what Bailey's function uses, I believe), but Bailey provides a
ready-made solution.

Bailey's package is available from:

   http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu