Re: single output cell from running cell in notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75522] Re: single output cell from running cell in notebook
  • From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 04:10:51 -0400 (EDT)

ikantian at yahoo.com wrote:
> this is a little obscure, for sure, but is there a way to restrict the
> output from a single running cell in a notebook to just one output
> cell, i.e with each new output cell replacing the old? thx.

I don't understand the question. If you re-evaluate an input cell, the
old output cell will be replaced with the new result. A single input
cell always has a single output cell. (And some other expressions may be
printed to the notebook if you use Print or trigger some messages.)

Or do you want to send the output off *all* calculations to a single
output cell, i.e. one notebook should have many input cells but only one
output cell?