Re: unable to "evaluate notebook"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75595] Re: unable to "evaluate notebook"
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 01:48:32 -0400 (EDT)

alexxx.magni at gmail.com wrote:
> in V.6, the Evaluation->Evaluate notebook command just disappeared!
> It's just me that is not able to find it, or some other command
> superseded it???
>
> thanks for any reply...
>

> Alessandro Magni

I too was sorry to see that "Evaluate Notebook" had gone - I used it
regularly. There are two obvious alternatives. You can use
Edit/Select-All and then press shift-Return (or Enter on full-sized
keyboards) or you can extend the menu system by editing (use NOTEPAD or
other pure text editor - NOT WORD) the MENUSETUP.TR file. This can be
extremely useful, but you absolutely must take a backup copy first,
because if you get it even slightly wrong, Mathematica just refuses to
start!

I added the following:

  Menu["&Kernel",{
         Item["Evaluate &Notebook", "EvaluateNotebook"]
          }]

preceded by a comma and followed by the final }] of the file.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk