Re: [Mathematica 6] Format->Magnification does not work on notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75640] Re: [mg75610] [Mathematica 6] Format->Magnification does not work on notebook
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 05:37:24 -0400 (EDT)
On 6 May 2007, at 14:56, Nasser Abbasi wrote:

> Is this a feature of a bug?
> It used to be (in 5.2) when I do  Format->Magnification->150%
> (say), then
> the WHOLE notebook will be magnified.
>
> Now, when I do the same NOTHING happens. The fonts remain small.
>
> One has to first go and select all the cells to be magnified, then
> do the
> Format->Magnification->150%, and then only those cells are magnified.
>
> I do not understand the logic of this. I guess/I hope,  that there
> is an
> option to turn this "feature" off so that magnification will affect
> the
> whole notebook as before, I'll go look to see if so.
>
> But I think the old way was better. (just like the old help was
> better)
>
> (To the Mathematica engineers: if it AINT broke, please do NOT fix it)
>

> Nasser

I think it is a feature and an improvement.

If you really need to magnify the whole notebook just for viewing
purposes (I do this all the time) then the pop-up menu on the bottom
page still works as it used to. If, on the other hand, you want
magnification to affect actual formatting of the entire notebook than
you can achieve this by using the OptionInspector. This takes a few
steps but obviously it is not something you are likely to be doing
very often.

Andrzej Kozlowski