mathematica 6.0 and geometrica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75680] mathematica 6.0 and geometrica
  • From: "Marty Schettler" <kchoose2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 05:59:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, All --

 I am having a lot of trouble updating to Mathematica 6.0,
particularly with geometrica05. Does anyone have any insights or
similiar problems? It has always been an annoyance that geometrica
does not define its symbols in a separate context (i.e. all of its
symbols are in Global`Geometrica05`Geometrica...for no apparent
reason). But now, it looks like since the function Projection is in
the kernel, it has made it virtually impossible to draw any geometrica
objects. Argh! Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated!

Meanwhile, how is everyone liking Mathematica 6? Any advice on a less
painful update? It looks to me like it's going to take hours (or days)
to update all of my packages to support the new package structure, and
some functions seem to be just gone! (e.g. AppendRows).  Anyone have
any great ideas on one-step updating? I've got functions all over the
place that call functions like
LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulations`MatrixConditionNumber that are now
deprecated (speaking of which, I can use
LinearAlgebra`MatrixConditionNumber[m], with no problem, but if I try
to use <<LinearAlgebra` it complains about obsolete packages. Can
anyone explain that??? I am so confused, and frustrated that the
update is so difficult.

cheers!
Marty