Re: Where is the Mathematica Book in Documentation Center?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76112] Re: Where is the Mathematica Book in Documentation Center?
  • From: Mark Adler <madler at alumni.caltech.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 05:37:36 -0400 (EDT)

On May 15, 2:12 am, DrMajorBob <drmajor... at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> The Mathematica Book is online at
>
> http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/

But it's not in my computer, and that book is for 5.2.  That's the
book that used to be part of the help in my machine.  There I could
access any part of the book with blinding speed, and I could do it
wherever I happened to be.  I often work in Mathematica while on the
plane.

It is a severe degradation in the resident documentation to delete the
book.  Since I referred to the book often, to me it is a severe
degradation to Mathematica overall.

Are there plans to update the book for 6.0?  Will I be able to
download the book?  (I'll pay if I have to.)  Will it integrate into
the "Documentation Center" search capability?  That's what I need.

Mark