Re: Re: Compatibility woes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76180] Re: [mg76099] Re: Compatibility woes
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 06:03:51 -0400 (EDT)

ColorData["Legacy", "Images"] returns an error:

ColorData::notprop: Images is not a known property for ColorData. Use \
ColorData["Properties"] for a list of properties.

And neither ColorData["Legacy"][LightGreen] nor
ColorData["Legacy"][PaleGreen] returns a color (RGB code).

How do I Plot on a PaleGoldenrod background?

Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi}, Background -> PaleGoldenrod]

> Please refer ColorData documentation for further information. Also,
> there is an interactive palette under "Palettes" menu, called
> "ColorSchemes", which will display all the available colors.

When I select "Named" and "Legacy", I get a scroll bar that's unusable. I
can't arrow down through the list or use the page-down key, making sure
that I see them all. I can't click on the slider without moving too far
and missing some. I can't find Blue except by trial and error (even after
sorting by name).

When I try "paging down" in the list by clicking the control, I get
different results on every attempt. Sometimes the first color after Azure
is BlanchedAlmond. Sometimes it's BrownMadder. Et cetera.

Nobody at Wolfram ever tried to USE this palette, it seems to me.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com