Help in changing the vertical axis tick label format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76269] Help in changing the vertical axis tick label format
  • From: siewsk at bp.com
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 06:31:18 -0400 (EDT)

Everyone,

  I have a problem with the simple 2D plotting on mathematica 5.2

Here is a simple 2D plot

f[x_] := 25500 + 230 * x;

Plot[  f[x], {x, 2000, 2007}, PlotRange -> {485000, 487000}  ]

  My problem is that the vertical axis tick label are

485250
485500
485750
486000
486250
486500
486750
487000

  What I wanted is the vertical axis label in scientific format of

4.8525*10^5
4.8550*10^5
4.8575*10^5
4.8600*10^5
4.8625*10^5
4.8650*10^5
4.8675*10^5
4.8700*10^5

  And I do not have a clue on how to force it to be in the scientific
format.

  Thanks for your help in advance.