Re: Re: 6.0 not seeing style sheets in $InstallationDirectory/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76296] Re: [mg76262] Re: 6.0 not seeing style sheets in $InstallationDirectory/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets
  • From: "Lev Bishop" <lev.bishop+mathgroup at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 04:37:52 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/18/07, Murray Eisenberg  wrote:
> But these are style sheets supplied by Wolfram Research as part of
> Mathematica 6.0!!!

Nevertheless, if you want them to show up in the Stylesheets menu you
have to change the MenuPosition option in those stylesheets. The
technique I gave you is a little flawed. A better way is to open the
stylesheet as a notebook in mathematica, open the options inspector
(shift-ctrl-o) go to "Selected Notebook" and "As text" and modify the
MenuPosition line to have something like "MenuPosition->1100" (I guess
you can change the order of the stylesheets by changing the number).
Then save the notebook. When you restart mathematica it should show up
in the menu.

You would think that the File -> Install menu item would do this for
you, but as far as I can tell File -> Install for a stylesheet just
copies the stylesheet file into a directory for you, nothing more.

Lev