Re: Save As HTML does not produce any output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76356] Re: Save As HTML does not produce any output
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 02:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

"ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:f1s0f9$bn7$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> On May 7, 3:41 am, "Nasser Abbasi" <n... at 12000.org> wrote:
>> Mathematica 6, student version, windows XP home edition.
>>
>> I tried this on 2 note books so far, and same result.
>> I hope a notebook, the FILE->Save as and select HTML, and Save.
>>
>> Mathematica 6 now seems to get busy, but no files are written out in the
>> folder specified. Nothing.
>>
>> Here is a notebook I tried it on
>>
>> http://12000.org/tmp/050607/qr.nb
>>
>> save to PDF works fine.
>>
>> I have a feeling something is wrong with the HTML export in Mathematica
>> 6.
>> Could someone who has Mathematica 6 please verify?
>

> Does the path you're saving the HTML files to have any special
> characters in it?  Perhaps try saving somewhere else on your hard
> drive to see if that works (e.g. C:\TEMP).
>
> -Rob

No special path.  Normal E:\blabla folder.  This works fine in 5.2.

There IS a problem with HTML generation in 6.0.  see below, May be my path
is TOO long to handle? This is the path I work in:

E:\nabbasi\data\nabbasi_web_Page\my_courses\UCI_COURSES\CREDIT_COURSES\fall_2006\PHYS_100_comp_physics\HWs\HW1\

In the Messages console (I did not know about this before, nice), when I do
SAVE AS html, I get these errors: I need now to figure why/what these mean.
Mean while if someone had this same problem and have solution, please post.

Set::shape: Lists
{System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,System`Convert`CommonDump`filename} and
System`Convert`CommonDump`DirectoryAndFile[E:\nabbasi\data\nabbasi_web_P\[Ellipsis]\HW1\HTML\AbbasiN12_FINAL.html]
are not the same shape. >>

StringMatchQ::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in
StringMatchQ[System`Convert`CommonDump`filename,*.*]. >>
ToFileName::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in
ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,System`Convert`CommonDump`filename].

ToFileName::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in
ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,HTMLFiles]. >>

FileType::fstr: File specification
ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,HTMLFiles] is not a string of
one or more characters. >>

ToFileName::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in
ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,HTMLLinks]. >>

General::stop: Further output of ToFileName::strse will be suppressed during
this calculation. >>

FileType::fstr: File specification
ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,HTMLLinks] is not a string of
one or more characters. >>

StringMatchQ::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in
StringMatchQ[ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,System`Convert`CommonDump`filename],*.html].

StringJoin::string: String expected at position 1 in
ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,System`Convert`CommonDump`filename]<>_.
StringMatchQ::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in
StringMatchQ[ToFileName

[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,System`Convert`CommonDump`filename],*.html].

General::stop: Further output of StringMatchQ::strse will be suppressed
during this calculation. >>
StringJoin::string: String expected at position 1 in
ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,System`Convert`CommonDump`filename]<>_.
StringJoin::string: String expected at position 1 in
StringJoin[System`Convert`CommonDump`filename].

General::stop: Further output of StringJoin::string will be suppressed
during this calculation. >>
DirectoryName::string: String expected at position 1 in
DirectoryName[System`Convert`CommonDump`tofilename[<<1>>]].
General::stream:
System`Convert`HTMLDump`HTMLFileOpen[ToFileName[System`Convert`HTMLDump`directory,<<34>>]]
is not a string, InputStream[ ], or OutputStream[ ]. >>

Nasser