Re: Re: change $UserDocumentsDirectory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76420] Re: [mg76391] Re: [mg76346] change $UserDocumentsDirectory
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 02:41:56 -0400 (EDT)

What I'm trying to accomplish by changing $HomeDirectory is very simple:
when the Save As dialog comes up, the default location will be where _I_
want it to be (in e:\temp) instead of the Mathematica default of what
I've set in Windows as the equivalent of My Documents.  Directory temp
is where I'm working now; Documents is stuff I'm saving "forever".

I had hoped there was in environment variable for this, just as there
are for $UserBaseDirectory and $UserBaseDirectory.

I prefer to set such things in the OS rather than edit any init.m.  It's
easier and less likely to get lost when updating from on Mathematica
version to another.

But I guess I have no choice here.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.