6.0 Linux and 3-D Graphics (Nvidia)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76643] 6.0 Linux and 3-D Graphics (Nvidia)
  • From: Hatto von Aquitanien <abbot at AugiaDives.hre>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 06:30:26 -0400 (EDT)

I learned the hard way that it is a good idea to make sure your 3-D support
is set up when using Mathematica with Linux.  Specifically, I had neglected
to install the Nvidia drivers the last time I upgraded openSUSE.
Mathematica was killing X when I used the 3-D mouse-drag support.  Koji
Ouchi from WRI suggested I look at my 3-D setup, and that led me to realize
that I needed to install the Nvidia drivers.  The graphics support is much
better, and X seems a lot happier as well.
--
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ek5w_wtc7-the-smoking-gun-of-911-updated
http://911research.wtc7.net