Re: Stopping Automatic Animation in v6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76713] Re: Stopping Automatic Animation in v6
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 04:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

Brian Gladman wrote:
> I am trying to visualise the exact relationship between some 3D objects by
> using Graphics3D to display them.  But as soon as I evaluate the expression,
> Mathematica 6 goes into some automated animation mode which destroys the
> relationship I am trying to set up since I need fixed objects viewed from a
> specified and fixed viewpoint.
>
> But I cannot find any option in Graphics3D to turn off this automatic
> animation.  How do I force Graphics£D to display only what is asked for and
> not
> an animation of it?
>
> Any help with this would be much appreciated as its proving to be a real
> pain.
>
>    Brian Gladman

Brian,

Could you, please, provide an example of an expression that behaves in
the incriminated way? By default, graphics (2D or 3D) are drawn static.
For example, evaluating

Graphics3D[{Blue, Cylinder[], Red, Sphere[{0, 0, 2}], Black, Thick,
   Dashed, Line[{{-2, 0, 2}, {2, 0, 2}, {0, 0, 4}, {-2, 0, 2}}],
   Yellow, Polygon[{{-3, -3, -2}, {-3, 3, -2}, {3,
      3, -2}, {3, -3, -2}}], Green, Opacity[.3],
   Cuboid[{-2, -2, -2}, {2, 2, -1}]}]

draws several 3D objects without any animation.

Or are you talking about the new real-time feature that allows the user
to rotate or expand or shrink 3D graphics with the mouse?

Regards,
Jean-Marc