Re: .m packages "fullforms" subscripts?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76848] Re: .m packages "fullforms" subscripts?
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 01:10:09 -0400 (EDT)

On May 26, 6:09 pm, John Fultz <jfu... at wolfram.com> wrote:
> Yes, it is.  A goal of the FE package editor is to make the package file highly
> readable not only in the front end, but also in Workbench or in a text editor.

Oh, and one more thing: is it possible to turn this behaviour off? I'm
guessing from the documentation that it can't be:
  "Plain ASCII text format.
   Stores Mathematica expressions in InputForm."

But considering that Sum case in my previous message (where the
InputForm wasn't generated) I don't see technically why it would be a
problem.

Oh well. This only tripped me up because I'm a new Mathematica user.
I'm sure package writers from previous versions would find this second
nature.

Will