Re: Left eigenvector of generalized eigenvalue problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76887] Re: [mg76860] Left eigenvector of generalized eigenvalue problem
  • From: Carl Woll <carlw at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 05:02:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hussain AlQahtani wrote:

> Dear Carl
> Thansk for the prompt reply.
> Eigenvalues[{A,B}] gives the right eigenvector, however, I am
> interested in calcualating the left eigenvector.
>
> Thanks,

According to Mathematica's help:

The generalized eigenvalues of m with respect to a are those lambda for
which m.v == lambda a.v.

Isn't this the exact same equation as you have listed? Did you mean you
were interested in the eigenvalue problem

x . A == lambda x . B

instead of what you wrote? If so, can't you just use
Eigenvalues[Transpose /@ {A, B}]?

Carl Woll
Wolfram Research