Re: asymptotics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76956] Re: asymptotics
  • From: m.r at inbox.ru
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 05:34:40 -0400 (EDT)

On May 29, 4:05 am, dimitris <dimmec... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your new response.
> I think it should be another function (no Series) that do this kind
> of asymptotic expansions. There are some commands that the other
> CAS has and I wish Mathematica had (as probably there are various things
> of Mathematica that a user from the other CAS would want to his system!)
> but that's life. For example the function identify that appears in a recent
> question of Daniel Huber I think or the function convert that I really wish
> Mathematica had something similar.
>
> And if, you and Maxim pointed out an asymptotic series like this in
> the current thread is indeed a simple task for someone to do by the
> Series command, for something like the following what you would say
>
> convert(log(x)*BesselJ(0,x)/sin(x^2),MeijerG);
> (output is omitted)
>
> Dimitris

I would say that convert is a different matter altogether. If you
really need a conversion to MeijerG, you can try

In[1]:= Integrate`Definite;
  Integrate`ImproperDump`Mellin[Log[x] BesselJ[0, x]/Sin[x^2], x]

Out[2]= Csc[x^2] Log[x] Integrate`ImproperDump`MeijerGfunction[{}, {},
{0}, {0}, x^2/4]

This is the output from version 6, and it's essentially the same as
what is given by the Mysterious Alternate Program (Largely Esteemed).

Maxim Rytin
m.r at inbox.ru