Re: Style Sheets in Version 6.0 - Again

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76908] Re: Style Sheets in Version 6.0 - Again
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 05:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you David for helping us to understand better stylesheets
customization,
but I found difficult to follow your "StyleSheetsNotes2": probably
because I use Math under Linux...
can you just suggest me a way to do a much simpler thing, i.e. how to
modify an existing StyleSheet (the default one)?
I'd like for example to set the text to blue, and some other minor
changes.
As you know, whenever I open "Edit Stylesheet", I can only modify the
"Private Style definitions for file ...".
It is true that it also says "Inheriting base definitions from
stylesheet Default.nb", and when I click on it I get a new window,
with "/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/
StyleSheets/Default.nb style definitions", but in this window I am
unable to change anything.

So, how do I modify the Default stylesheet itself?

thanks for any hint...

Alessandro Magni