Re: Re: links for 6!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76992] Re: [mg76947] Re: links for 6!
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 03:27:40 -0400 (EDT)

That additional link is not as much help as it would appear at first glance.

For example, the 2nd item is Mathematica-usersTalk.pdf. When I try to
open it, I get a damaged file message from Acrobat Reader.

The 3rd item, Quality Engineering with and in Mathematica, has a number
of links to external notebooks that are not provided on the download page.

The 4th item, Power Visualization in Mathematica, has some nice
examples.   However, a large number of them use a ColorData scheme
"Blends" that Mathematica 6.0 does not recognize.  (Was that renamed
"Gradients"??) Another example, Arbitrary Mesh functions over Harmonic
Functions, crashed the kernel!  Yet another example produces a "7.5 is
not a valid variable" error message!

Such are the perils of using notebooks that demonstrate a produce still
in pre-release.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305