Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg82925] Re: Can you get a package back to a notebook easily?
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 03:31:11 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 2, 9:28 am, "aaronhirshb... at yahoo.com" <aaronhirshb... at yahoo.com> wrote: > I am asking this because I want to know if I need to save my notebook > and my package in CVS, or only my package? > > Aaron Hirshberg If you are using an auto-save package, then no, you can't get back the notebook from the .m file. You can look into the .m file (it is just a plain-text file, and the front end (or notebooks) are not needed to edit it), and see that it contains less information than the notebook.