About NotebookGetLayoutInformationPacket

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83068] About NotebookGetLayoutInformationPacket
  • From: "厉正吉" <zhengji.li at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 05:16:57 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,

I am still working on generating PDF with outlines from notebook. I
have already announced some tools for this, by which the outlines can
only be located to pages, but not the exact position on a page. This
is what I am working on now.

I have studied NotebookGetLayoutInformationPacket's result again, and
found that the Height gives the height of a cell in pt, (72 pt = 1
inch) and the Page is exactly the page number of the end of the cell.

Now, the difficulty to me is that I can not know if a cell starts from
a new page whiling leaving some space at the end of the page before.
This depends on the ..Breakin... property and the layout algorithm.

I can not find any more information about this from
NotebookGetLayoutInformationPacket.

Hope somebody could help me on this. Thank you.

By the way, once Mathematica could generate PDF files with outlines,
this tool will be disappeared.

--
Li Zhengji
If all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail.