Choosing preferred functions for Trig Simplification?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83189] Choosing preferred functions for Trig Simplification?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:49:22 -0500 (EST)

In Simplifying expressions containing multiple Trig functions, I'd like
to persuade Mathematica to limit its vocabulary to Sin, Cos and Tan,
and avoid Sec, Csc and Cot (while continuing to put expressions into the
simplest Together form, and so on).

Are there simple tricks or Assumptions or options to do this?

[I appreciate that Simplification is a can of worms.]

Thanks . . .