Re: Exporting Graphics into PowerPoint - Font Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83221] Re: Exporting Graphics into PowerPoint - Font Problems
  • From: Frank Iannarilli <frankeye at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:40:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi Christof,

Actually, this problem recurs in group discussions -- search the group
with keywords: (fonts embedding).

In the past, I have copied-as Metafile (as you suggest), and pasted
into Powerpoint (or MSWord), then, I've embedded the fonts (within
Powerpoint, on the computer with Mathematica):

    File->SaveAs
       Tools->Save Options
          Check the box "Embed TrueType Fonts" and
          select "Embed All Characters"

Unfortunately, sometimes this doesn't seem to work, and I've long
since lost track of whether the misbehavior was traceable to different
versions of Mathematica, Powerpoint, or whatnot.  Although the image
quality is not as good, I now copy-as Bitmap, and avoid all these
problems.

Hopefully, others will chime in with what works in a failsafe manner
nowadays (for WMF Metafile).

Cheers!