Re: Plotting Points with Labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83479] Re: [mg83399] Plotting Points with Labels
  • From: "W. Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 02:56:09 -0500 (EST)

>  The labels are shifted to the right (+x direction) of the respective points
>  by the value of "shiftText."
>
>  Is there a better (or more succinct) way of doing this?

If you wish to see it on the screen, you may be happy with
ToolTips:

e.g.,
ListPlot[Table[
   Tooltip[{ElementData[i, "Density"], ElementData[i,
"BulkModulus"]},
    ElementData[i, "Abbreviation"], LabelStyle -> {Large}],
{i, 1,
    100}], BaseStyle -> {Large, FontFamily -> "Helvetica",
    PointSize[0.025]}, PlotMarkers -> Automatic,
  AxesLabel -> {"Density", "Bulk Modulus"}, PlotLabel -> "MKS
Units",
  ImageSize -> Full]

For printing:
There is something in the documentation for Annotation about
Export and ToolTip, but I haven't tried that yet.

Another choice for printing may be to use Translate on
a list graphics primitives created from text.