Assign variables to a module

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83524] Assign variables to a module
  • From: Frank Deicke <frankdeicke at usenet.cnntp.org>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:45:26 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
I want to assign different variables to a module. One variable could be
a term. Now it could be possible, that the term includes the same
variables like I want to assign to the module. Please look at the simple
  example below.

IN:
f = x + y;
Test[c_,x_, y_, f_] := Module[
     {result},
     result = c*f;(*do something using f*)
     result
     ]
Test[1,1,1,f]

Out:
x+y

Is there any possibility that within the module, the variables x and y
of f could be replaced by the values assigned to the module (x_,y_)?
Finally, the result should be 2 and not x+y.

Thanks,
Frank