Re: Change Font?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83625] Re: Change Font?
  • From: Albert <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:35:52 -0500 (EST)

Joe Sneed wrote:
> Carl:
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Yes, this appears to work.
>
> But, I still remain a bit puzzled about WHY I can change some attributes
> of the button label from the format menu and not others.

Because the appearance of the Button-Text is controlled by the
CellOption ButtonBoxOptions, which is a list of options you could use
for Button (or alternatively a style name of the current stylesheet).
This option is somewhat hidden in the option inspector but can be found
in Formatting Options -> Control Options -> ButtonBoxOptions. If you
change the settings there to e.g. {FontFamily->"Courier"} you can
achieve the same changes from the options inspector and will change the
appearance of all buttons within that cell. Many, including me find it
easier to use a programming construct like Style, though. Also note that
also the following should work:

Button["Test",BaseStyle->{FontFamily->"Courier"}]

hth,

albert