Re: Equivalent functionality to colorbar in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81702] Re: Equivalent functionality to colorbar in Mathematica?
  • From: "Mike Croucher" <michael.p.croucher at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 05:27:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all

The following two commands produce a nice looking plot (in my opinion
anyway)

data=Table[Exp[-(x^2+y^2)],{x,-3,3,0.1},{y,-3,3,0.1}];
ListPlot3D[data,PlotRange->All,Boxed->False,Axes->False,ColorFunction->"TemperatureMap",Mesh->False]

The colour of the plot is related to the value of the data via the
TemperatureMap colour function but how do I include this information in a
legend on the plot?  Ideally I would like to create something similar to the
legends shown in the following links

http://www.walkingrandomly.com/images/random/colorbar.gif
http://www.walkingrandomly.com/images/random/colorbar2.gif

Does anyone know of a simple way of doing this in Mathematica?

Thanks in advance,
Mike