Re: Palette Size

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81734] Re: Palette Size
  • From: chuck009 <dmilioto at comcast.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 05:44:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Helen,

There is also a problem with Palettes/Special Characters in that the window size is too small to accommodate some of the menu items in that list.  I personally prefer to edit the palette file directly:  go to the directory where the palettes are kept.  Open the palette file in a text editor.  Go to the bottom of the file where you see the block I've reproduced below and update the WindowFrameElements and Magnification as I do:

ClosingAutoSave->True,
Editable->False,
WindowToolbars->{},
PageWidth->292,
WindowSize->{127, 594},
WindowMargins->{{Automatic, 9}, {Automatic, 0}},
WindowFrame->"Palette",
WindowElements->{},
WindowFrameElements->{"ResizeArea", "CloseBox"},
WindowFloating->True,
WindowClickSelect->False,
WindowTitle->"Basic Math Input",
ScrollingOptions->{"PagewiseScrolling"->False,
"VerticalScrollRange"->Fit},
ShowCellBracket->False,
CellMargins->{{0, 0}, {0, 0}},
Active->True,
CellOpen->True,
ShowCellLabel->False,
ShowCellTags->False,
ImageMargins->{{0, Inherited}, {Inherited, 0}},
MenuPosition->1100,
Magnification->1.5,
Background->Automatic,
FrontEndVersion->"6.0 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (June 19, 2007)",
StyleDefinitions->"Default.nb"
]
(* End of Notebook Content *)