Re: Dependence of precision on execution speed of Inverse

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81749] Re: Dependence of precision on execution speed of Inverse
  • From: Urijah Kaplan <uak at sas.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 02:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

There's an extended (i.e. greater than 80 bit) precision reference
implementation of BLAS at http://crd.lbl.gov/~xiaoye/XBLAS/

Unfortunately, it only accepts single and double precision inputs, though
it can calculate in higher precision than that (106 bits). It's also a few
years old, and not as optimized as regular BLAS.

         --Urijah Kaplan