BarChart - intensity of colour increases up the bar

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81788] BarChart - intensity of colour increases up the bar
  • From: tomfabtastic at hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 06:10:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am just wondering whether there is an easy way to shade bars in a
bar chart, so that the intensity of the colour increases as you go up
the bar. I guess Opacity will be involved but am not sure how.

This shading should be the same for each bar, regardless of the height
of the bar. So in the below example, each bar starts with the same
opacity along the x-axis and each finishes with a dense red at the top
(or Opacity[1.0]).

Needs["BarCharts`"]
BarChart[{1, 2, 3}, BarStyle -> Directive[Opacity[0.5], Red]]

Regards,
Tom