Re: Controlling the display speed of exported Animate or Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81808] Re: Controlling the display speed of exported Animate or Manipulate
  • From: P_ter <peter_van_summeren at yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 04:17:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello H.,
I had the problem that I could not control the speed of an animation when exporting to swf.
Vivek. J. Joshi from Wolfram answers to my question:
"ListAnimate evaluates to Manipulate and no longer behaves like a list of images. So when you export, it does not respect the frame rate. This is a know issue and will be fixed for future versions."
"If you export it as a list of images it works as expected." He gives as example:
plist = Table[
   Plot[Sin[n t], {t, -3 \[Pi], 3 \[Pi]}, PlotRange -> All], {n, 1, 5,
     0.1}];
Export["animation2.swf", plist, "FrameRate" -> 1]
(Note: did anyone tell me about this? no,sir...)
(Question: what are the known issues?)
I hope this helps.
with friendly greetings,
P_ter