Re: Re: Equivalent functionality to colorbar in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81836] Re: [mg81804] Re: Equivalent functionality to colorbar in Mathematica?
  • From: "Will Robertson" <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 04:32:00 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/4/07, DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> OK, I've satisfied myself that DensityPlot doesn't retain, within it, any
> direct mention of the maximum or minimum function value.

That's a shame. Oh well.

> I think this eliminates the double evaluations, at the cost of changing
> the function syntax a bit.

Great, that's better. I don't mind changing the syntax at all.

By the way, DensityPlot works a lot better than ContourPlot for the
colorbar :) that was my mistake as I'd started out with Contours
instead of gradients before realising (a) gradients look a bit nicer
for what I'm doing, and (b) contours are harder to label.

Is it usual practise to put little functions like this up in Wolfram's
Mathematica library