Best way to save data in notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81864] Best way to save data in notebooks
  • From: Yaroslav Bulatov <yaroslavvb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 04:51:15 -0400 (EDT)

What is the recommended way of removing dependence on external files?
Consider the following code

data=Import["largedatafile.csv"];
ListPlot[data]

I'd like to have "data" saved in the notebook, so that when I open it,
I can replot the data. My current solution is to copy and paste the
data manually into a separate mathematica cell (ie, data={1,2,3...}),
but that causes the front-end to freeze when largedatafile.csv is too
large.

Yaroslav