Re: Re: BarChart - intensity of colour increases up the bar

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81891] Re: Re: BarChart - intensity of colour increases up the bar
  • From: "sdw" <warwick at jps.net>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 04:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

I have been attempting to take this concept to the next level - to have the
barchart colors cycle through a set of 3 different vertexcolor schemes
across 12 different values, as one gets when you have BarChart[
{{1,2,3},{4,5,6},{7,8,9},{10,11,12}]

what seems missing is the ability to define a set of rules that are applied
in sequence i.e.  "the first time you see this pattern,  do X,  the second
time, do Y, third time, do Z,  fourth,  do X again and keep cycling.  "   I
know I can extract the cases or locations of the pattern matches,  and yes,
you can then use Riffle and generate a complete ruleset to do the
replacements.  it just seems like alot of complexity for what seems should
be simpler.. any way to use convolution???

news:fe4tss$hk$1 at smc.vnet.net...