Mathematica Numerical Integration and For Loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81947] Mathematica Numerical Integration and For Loop
  • From: General <mammasis82 at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 05:35:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have a function which I have numerically integrated in Mathematica. I would like to be able to change a parameter of that function and re-evaluate that integral and then record the answer.

Since this needs to be done for vary small changes of that independent variable it would be impossible for me to sit down and do it one by one.

I am thinking of using a for loop but I cannot understand how to use it in my case.

I would appreciate anyones help/

Here is the form of the function that I am integrating

NIntegrate[
 ref[\[lambda], \[Theta], \[Phi], \[Pi]/5, (2 \[Pi])/5], {\[Theta],
  0, \[Pi]}, {\[Phi], 0, 2 \[Pi]}]

I would like to be able to change the first variable within my ref function. This is lambda. So I want lambda to take different values within a range of 0 to 10 with increments of 0.01 and then store the output of the numerical integration. I would then like to plot lambda against the values obtained from the numerical integration.

Thanks

Regards

Alex