RE: Re: Generic TCPIP sockets in Mathematica (Mathlink?) > incorporation of external sensors and 16-button mouse

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81951] RE: [mg81907] Re: Generic TCPIP sockets in Mathematica (Mathlink?) > incorporation of external sensors and 16-button mouse
  • From: "Dr Andy D Kucar P2EE4" <andy at radio4u.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 05:37:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I would like to generalize this problem in the following sense.

I have not updated to version 6.x, yet.
However, since the 6.x version has some nice graphic interface,
I would like to be able to incorporate my

16-button mouse via one port,
a big digitizer via second port, and say
some form of  color scanner via the third port (parallel, serial, usb,
anything, ...)

into this new 6.x environment,
on-line, live, without need of transfer of data files.

I presume, the MathLink is way to go;
My question is, does someone already have some experience with this,
And/or did he wrote some program/interface to accomplish these, and similar
deeds,
i.e., control external sensors via Mathematica program.

Tnx, andy