Re: NumberForm question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82036] Re: NumberForm question
  • From: Yaroslav Bulatov <yaroslavvb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:24:29 -0400 (EDT)

The problem is not the font size, but rather that it's rounded to the
nearest 10^-15, even though there's enough digits to round to round at
much finer scale.
You can see this rounding behavior here

l1 = ToExpression[
      ToString[NumberForm[1 + # $MachineEpsilon, {20, 20}]]] & /@
    Range[20] - 1;
l2 = ToExpression[ToString[InputForm[1 + # $MachineEpsilon]]] & /@
    Range[20] - 1;
ListPlot[{l1, l2}, Joined -> {False, True}]