import function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82108] import function
  • From: Ellery Ames <Ellery.Ames at Colorado.EDU>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:57:37 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

I have a question regarding the import function in mathematica 6.
When I import a long array of reals into a table, the function
appears to skip certain array entries, for example the 20230 th row.
This does not occur in mathematica 5.2 using identical code.

Code is below.

In[1]:=
SetDirectory["/Users/elleryames/Research/VoltageStability/Data/
run0239"];
FileName="run0239";
FileImport=Import[FileName<>".dat","Table"];

Best,
Ellery Ames