Re: JLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82104] Re: JLink
  • From: John Jowett <John.M.Jowett at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:55:33 -0400 (EDT)

Before my last post appeared, I found the answer myself. Change "java"
to "javaw" in

ReinstallJava[CommandLine->"C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jre1.6.0_02\\bin\
\\javaw"]

However I can claim that I was misled by the page JLink/tutorial/
CallingJavaFromMathematica
in the Mathematica 6 Help system, which explicitly suggests using

ReinstallJava[CommandLine -> "d:\\full\\path\\to\\java.exe"]

This should be corrected, I think.

John Jowett