Recursion limit: a good idea to ignore?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82218] Recursion limit: a good idea to ignore?
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:24:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I've written a potentially inefficient algorithm to combine multiple
joined polygons into a single one. On large plots I get the warning
"$RecursionLimit::reclim: Recursion depth of 256 exceeded." and a
bunch of errors because of this.

Now, should I try and re-write my program (the speed of it is not
entirely critical) to avoid recursion or is it "okay" to locally
remove the recursion limit for such code?

I'll try and post an actual example of my code once I've tidied it up
a little.

Many thanks,
Will