Re: Convert to Text Display has no keyboard short cut

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82256] Re: [mg82099] Convert to Text Display has no keyboard short cut
  • From: "厉正吉" <zhengji.li at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 03:31:16 -0400 (EDT)

Exactly, Mathematica's menu (main menu and popup menu) can be
completely customized.

MenuSetup.tr in \SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources defines the main
menu, and it's some kind of Mathematica codes, so you can modify it,
assigning new hot-keys, creating new items, etc.

KeyEventTranslations.tr specifies some other hot-keys that are not
listed in MenuSetup.tr.

I believe that once you open these .tr files, you will know how to
modify them. But before any modification, backup is highly
recommended.

--
Li Zhengji
If all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail.