Re: Implicit plotting issues

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82261] Re: Implicit plotting issues
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 03:33:51 -0400 (EDT)

nateomason at gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 14, 4:22 am, nateoma... at gmail.com wrote:
>> So I am plotting an implicit function the that has small y values(0
>> to .5) and large x values(0 to 74).
>> the graph i get is not readable and i can 't resize it using the edges
>> it is lame.
>> So does anyone know how to rescale the the implicit plot so that i
>> could read it. I have included my code, below. I am using Mathematica
>> 5.2

> Sorry for the poor text.
> thanks everyone the help.
>
> as a side note what is the best way to copy text form Mathematica
> every time i try i get a lot of extra stuff????

By default, Mathematica are in StandardForm. (They contain Mathematica
expressions with typesetting information.)

It is customary to send Mathematica code by email in InputForm. (An
InputForm is a fully executable Mathematica expression without the
typesetting information for the cell/notebook.)

To do so, select the cell(s) you want to include in your email, then
within the *Cell* menu select either *Convert To* or *Display As* and
choose *InputForm*. Finally, copy and paste as usual.

Also, you may be interesting in installing Ingolf Dahl's "SetFaceAndFont
Palette," which, among many other useful things, provides a
"CopyAsInputFormK button, for copying code with formatting removed."

See http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/5752/

HTH,
--
Jean-Marc