EventHandler question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82324] EventHandler question
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 04:13:36 -0400 (EDT)

For Eventhandler one can specify a keyboard key that initiates the
action

Eventhandler[Blahblahblah,  {"KeyDown","x"}:>something]

Typically the "x" must be a single keyboard character or perhaps one
that has an escaped representation (like \t for tab).

How do I specify a combination such as control-\ ?  (i.e., a two-key
combination with a modifier key such as control, alt, command, or
such.)

When a two-key combination creates a single on-screen character then
this works fine.  But when there is no on-screen representation then I
do not know how to do this...

THanks for any help...

--David