Transparency & EPS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82339] Transparency & EPS
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 04:46:56 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I'm exporting graphics from RegionPlot but I need to use EPS to get
MathPSfrag output (for LaTeX). RegionPlot uses transparency (by
default, and I'd like to keep it that way), which EPS does not
support.

Has anyone come across a "color flattener" that converts (2D)
transparent images into their equivalent shapes and colours without
transparency? For example, two partially-touching transparent circles
would be converted to three shapes: two light blue where the circles
aren't overlapping and one dark blue where the colour has increased
due to the overlay.

This should really be a function of the renderer, but I guess it will
be possible to do something similar in Mathematica itself.

Thanks in advance,
Will