Re: ListPlot: Choose segents to draw.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82364] Re: [mg82296] ListPlot: Choose segents to draw.
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 04:59:45 -0400 (EDT)

Maybe this does what you intend:

n = 17;
mesh = Pi/35;
tbl = Table[{i, Cos[k i]}, {k, 1, n}, {i, 0, Pi/2, mesh}];

Clear[risers]
risers[points : {{_?NumericQ, _?NumericQ} ..}] :=
  Cases[Partition[points, 2,
    1], {{_?NumericQ, one_?NumericQ}, {_?NumericQ, two_?NumericQ}} /;
    two > one]
ListPlot[Flatten[risers /@ tbl, 1], PlotJoined -> True]

That's still a messy plot, but maybe with your data it won't be.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com